Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ready to go

Well, it's getting pretty close to that time - I expect I'll be heading out something pretty close to the 9th of June (plus or minus a day).

I'd be leaving THIS week, except that I let somebody borrow my alcohol stove, and the idiot managed to step on it and squish it beyond usability. Much to my surprise, he readily accepted responsibility and has paid for a replacement; the new one is arguably better than the one I had, so I'm not too put out by the delay.

The new stove should be here the early part of next week at the latest, so with a couple of days to deal with last-minute stuff and packing, I should be ready to go Thursday of next week. Per my itinerary, I'll be starting out at Storrie Lake. Since it's in the immediate vicinity of Las Vegas, New Mexico, I'll have something approximating civilization handy while I do my shakedown campout. I'll do another post here right before I leave; after that, it's going to be catch as catch can. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Now, see, I'd thought you'd already been out there for a while now. I must learn to watch the details better. Anyhoo, be safe, take pictures, have fun, and keep us updated. And watch out for honey badgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, like I'd just... LEAVE, and not tell anyone? Safe - absolutely! Pictures - you betcha. Fun - boy, howdy! Updates - I'll do what I can. Badgers? I don't got no badgers. I don't need no stinkin' badgers!

    ReplyDelete