Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Well, CARP!

I made a little oops when I did my preliminary route: kinda forgot that the Hopi and Navajo reservations are up there in the Four Corners area (UT, CO, AZ, NM). That kinda shot angling up into Colorado from Arizona in the butt.

Besides that (or perhaps because of it), there isn't much in the way of BLM land or state parks in northern Arizona or southern Utah.

So the emergency fallback position is to re-route, of course -- which is why the previous plan was "proposed" :-)

Latest updated revised rumor (as modified) is to run the route below (do the click thing to biggie-size):
Still starting around Santa Fe, but on the way down Utah's west side, I jog back to the east a bit before heading generally southeast so I can catch a route that takes me along southern Colorado. I have absolutely no fixed schedule for this; if I like a place, I may stay an extra day or three. If I don't, I may move along earlier. For anybody that's interested and wants to play the home version, here are links to the State park sites so you can see if you can figure out where I might stay (or find it when I tell you where it is/was); keep in mind that I'll be moving (mostly) by hiking and/or hitching.

New Mexico State Parks
Colorado State Parks
Utah State Parks
Idaho State Parks
and don't forget the BLM maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment